quarta-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2010

Gilmore Girls - Hay Bale Maze

LOGAN: Lorelai?
LORELAI: Yeah?
LOGAN: I want you to know I’m not a gambler.
LORELAI: Okay.
LOGAN: Look, I know that Rory tells you stuff, and you know all these things about me, like I know you know I went to Vegas and all that, and I just I want you to know that’s not who I am. I don’t want you to be worried.
LORELAI: Well… I am worried. I’m a mom. That’s what we do.
LOGAN: Okay well, what exactly are you worried about?
LORELAI: Okay. I’m worried that you’re not worried enough. You take things lightly. This whole “you got to surf the waves” attitude. “Cowabunga, dude.” I mean, you just lost millions of dollars.
LOGAN: I know. I know I did, believe me. And I don’t feel “Cowabunga, dude” inside. Believe me, I know I made a big mistake.
LORELAI: You do?
LOGAN: Yeah. But I don’t want to act like that in front of you. I mean, for one thing, the whole self-flagellation thing — it’s kind of embarrassing, and I just I want you to think well of me.
LORELAI: All right, well… it’s good for me to know. It’s good for me to know that you know you made a mistake.
LOGAN: I made a mistake. I messed up. I really messed up.
LORELAI: Okay. I think 401k’s are important. I think responsibility and paying your bills and dealing with reality is important.
LOGAN: Ah well, I’m beginning to learn about reality. I grew up with a lot of privilege.
LORELAI: Right you had that whole silver-spoon-in-the-mouth thing, and that’s not how I raised Rory.
LOGAN: I know that.
LORELAI: This was not a silver-spoon household. This was Spork city all the way.
LOGAN: I get that, and I respect that because I just spat out a whole place setting of sterling silver royal Danish. I left my dad’s company, I left that world because I have my own values.
LORELAI: I understand that.
LOGAN: I thought you would because that’s what you did. You left the world of privilege to do things your way.
LORELAI: I guess I never thought of it that way.
LOGAN: And you did it when you were younger and had a baby to take care of. It was really impressive.
LORELAI: I don’t need you to be impressed by me. I just need you to know it wasn’t easy.
LOGAN: I know that.
LORELAI: I didn’t get anything like “boom,” you know? I worked hard for everything I got.
LOGAN: I want to work. I’m ready to work. And I want to work hard.
LORELAI: All right, then.
LOGAN: All right, then.
LORELAI: Since we’re up, do you think we should have some pie?
LOGAN: Yeah.
LORELAI: Really?
LOGAN: Yeah.
LORELAI: You think we should have some vanilla ice cream on it?
LOGAN: That’s my favorite. I love vanilla ice cream.

Nenhum comentário: